Re: 178 days and counting

Brad Felmey wrote:

> I'd rather just bitch about it, thanks.

That's odd.... I'm running sid and kde3.0.3. How did that happen ? Guess I must have pasted one of those pesky apt-lines for ftp.kde.org that people keep littering this list with, into my sources.list. Mind you that's an awful lot of work compared to working out how many days kde3 has been missing from sid and bitching about it on a mailing list. You have my sympathies...honest.

While your in the mood for bitching, do you think you could drop a line to the debian-x list and complain about the lack of X4.2 in sid ? I hear that the fellow who looks after X is a wonderfully understanding man, he would be delighted to hear from you I'm sure. While your at it perhaps you could harass debian-devel and tell them to get a move on with this gcc3.2 thingy, I mean just because they are all volunteers doing this in their own time is hardly an excuse to be tardy is it ? If that fails to satisfy your daily bitch requirement maybe you could have a go at the gnomers and find out why gnome2 is languishing in experimental, though judging by your mailer you probably know that....

On the other hand....let's face it these are evil people who are, as we all know, deliberately and maliciously witholding these packages from sid for *no other reason* than to piss you off. I'm sure that like any of the kde maintainers who have read your post, they will be equally delighted to know how succesful they have been. Don't give them the pleasure. Fight the conspiracy. Maybe you could try thanking them for all their hard work ....think of it as "confusing the enemy" if it helps.

Have a nice day

--
Simon Hepburn.