Re: KDE2.2.2: Ctrl-S kills konsole input

David Pashley spoo'd forth:
> On Monday 23 September 2002 3:49 am, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
>> >
>> > Try hitting Ctrl-Q and see what happens....
>>
>> Thanks, that really did it. Is there a way to disable this behaviour?
>>
> This is dealt with by the same thing that deals with ctrl-C and ctrl-\. AIUI
> that is the kernel. They are signals SIGSTOP and SIGCONT iirc. So basically
> you don't have much chance of stopping it.

Look at the stty command, in particular "stty start" and "stty stop",
which define the stop and start keypresses. You can change what each of
these are (so you can change the start character from ^S to something
else), although I have no idea whether you can use a "Rollen" key.

sil

--
In 1988 there was the war, and after that there were no more roses. Not
for anybody.