Re: To CVS experts

On Sunday, September 22, 2002, at 08:53 AM, Paolo Ulivi wrote:

Sorry, I explain better:  I am already working on the cvs sources for my
Woody box, I just want to import them in my local repository in the same
form as they are at kde.org so I can browse in the code as from a mirror.
Surely, I will lose history, but I am using a modem here, so I am trying
to reduce bandwidth usage as much as possible.

If you want to mirror the contents of a CVS repository I believe the recommended approach is to mirror the repository itself rather than playing around with the checked out sources. The initial setup cost of doing this is high (a complete copy of the repository) but once you've done that the incremental updates can be done with rsync which is relatively bandwidth light. I know some projects do let you rsync their repositories but I don't know about KDE.

If you can't do that then otherwise what you'll be doing is pretty maintaining a vendor branch in your CVS repository.

--
"You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever"