Re: KDevelop and documentation for KDE and QT, How?

Pablo de Vicente said, and I quote:
> Hello,
>
>  I am running KDevelop 2.1.3, and I miss the KDE library documentation at the
> left navigation panel. In former versions, I could unfold a tree with the
> list of classes for QT and KDE. Now I can only browse the QT documentation
> form the centralpanel.
>
> I have also installed htdig, and doxygen. For the first one I have followed
> the instructions in /usr/share/doc/kdevelop/README-htdig.Debian and the
> search engine works fine. I have read in this list that doxygen is necessary
> for the documentation, but I am unsuccesfull browsing the documentatino form
> KDevelop. I even select the path where the documentation for KDE is, but
> KDevelop does not recongnize the directory as valid.

About 3 weeks before KDE 3.0.0 was released, KDE developers changed the
program used to generate the documentation. Previously they used kdoc.
They have since moved to doxygen, which produces different documentation

Kdevelop for KDE3 did not have time to change to the new docs format.

I think you will have to wait for an updated kdevelop 2.x or wait for
Gideon.

--
David Pashley
david@davidpashley.com