Re: kde 3.* in sid will it ever happen?

Brian Nelson said, and I quote:

> But isn't the point of the gcc transition to decide how to cleanly
> migrate C++ stuff like KDE to the new ABI?  If KDE3 were uploaded, it
> would just end up transitioning just like every other C++ library, like
> Qt.

If I understand the current draft transistion plan, every C++ package
will need a c added to the package name a la the libc5 -> libc6
transition. This can be dropped when the sonames is updated

AIUI, most(all?) of the KDE libs have had their sonames bumped so we do
not need to do this if we put KDE 3 in to a post transition sid, but we
will have to wait until KDE4 before we can drop the c from the package
names if we put it in a pre-transition sid.

--
David Pashley
david@davidpashley.com