Re: kde 3.* in sid will it ever happen?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 r@orcafat.com wrote:

> Is there any light in the tunnel for kde3 being uploaded in Sid some day,
> some year or so?
>
> I might be sounding a bit negative but haven't seen any progress or some
> sort of status from the maintaineres for some while now...... Is it still
> the transition to gcc 3.X that slows debians progress to be a useful desktop
> system?

Geez you can get the packages easily for sid. Even kde has the packages
hosted and did from the moment kde 3.0.3 came out and kde 3.0.1-3.0.2 has
been available for a while now and the locations have been publicized in a
number of locations. Just add the apt lines and install it. I have been
running kde 3.0.x in debian sid for a while now without any problems.