Re: Sound/aRTS/OSS

>> Um, that's *exactly* what I was saying with regards to the timeout: after
>> 3 seconds, artsd "gives up"

Doh!  Well, daddy always said I was dumber than a box of rocks.  :)
I now see the light.... and it's bright!  That seems to be just what was
needed.  Wine/KDE/sys sounds... it's all humming (no pun intended)
along perfectly.  I really appreciate your help... sorry I was a bit slow on
the uptake there.  :)   And you know, now that you mention it, those system
sounds _are_ a bit annoying.   :)