Fonts in KDE

Hello everybody.

I use KDE version 2.2.2 (woody) and I have a problem with fonts.
If I want to change a font from default all font settings change
and I can't restore the previous situation (just by selecting
a different point, I can always delete some of files in .kde
directory or edit them). It has probably to do something with
antialiasing. In the font selection dialog there is a posibility
to disable (enable) antialiasing, but it doesn't make any
difference.