Re: kpackage 3.0.3 problem and solution

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 11:11, kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Amir Tal wrote:
> > $ su -c kpackage
> > Password:
> > kpackage: error while loading shared libraries: librpmbuild-4.0.3.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > librpmbuild-4.0.3.so is a part of librpm4, and guess what ? :
> >
> > # dpkg -l |grep librpm
> > ii  librpm4        4.0.4-10       RPM shared library
>
> Hmm I don't have any RPM stuff installed. If you don't need it try
> removing it and then seeing what happens.

Kpackage require librpm4 to run... :

#apt-get remove librpm4 -s
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kpackage librpm4 rpm
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 4  not upgraded.
Remv kpackage (4:3.0.3-1woody1 people.debian.org)
Remv rpm (4.0.4-10 Debian:unstable)
Remv librpm4 (4.0.4-10 Debian:unstable)

please dont advise people to remove packages unless you are *SURE* of what you
are saying !

--
Amir Tal