Re: from kde 2 to kde 3 under woody

Am Freitag, 16. August 2002 10:03 schrieb Martin Mangard:
> hello
[...]
> i tried to upgrade my kde but i think i was a "little bit" to
> careless !

 _YES_

> i'm a newbie and i use kpackage.

I _recommend_ to use debian tools, apt, dselect, dpkg, atitude, ...

> Can someone help me? is there any command to abort the installation
> (i can not intall other software because apt always want to finish
> the kde installation)

google debian woody kde3
first link is:
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/kde3-debian/

> i there a way to purge the whole kde (all aplications and libraries)
> so that i will have a clear state.

man apt-get
man dpgk
take at look at remove and purge

> please help me
> martin
>
> ps: i am a newbie so do not laugh at me ;-)

The basic two steps are:
1. to know what exactly to do get informations (mailling-list archives,
google, ...)
1. if you know what you do. do it!

best regards

Stefan
--
(°>  Stefan Keul <st.keul@gmx.de>  -(°)  -(°)
//\  Exchange Server?               /\\   /\\