Re: KDE changing system time

On Thursday 15 August 2002 7:55 am, Donald R. Spoon wrote:
<snip>
>The system clock is run in the OS and is quite different from the
>"hardware" clock on the MB.
<snip>
> Things that make heavy use of system resources
> will exacerbate this phenomena (KDE, X, large file transferes to & from
> the HD, compiling a kernel, graphics, etc.).
<snip>

My KDE workstation awhile ago would suddenly jump head 4 or 5 hours, then
back. It generally did this within a few seconds, but it was long enough for
the screen saver to start up. As per company policy, my screen saver has a
password.  As it would do this sometimes 3-4 times an hour, you can imagine
how frustrating this would be.  I have a new workstation now, so I cant
reproduce it anymore, but I always attributed it to hardware problems,
because it was a really cheap mobo.  But you said the system clock only deals
with the hardware clock occationally.  Does this mean there might have been
some other issues?

Jay