Re: slooooooow

On Saturday 10 August 2002 15:37, Josep Febrer wrote:
> A Divendres 09 Agost 2002 22:18, John Gay va escriure:
> >  choosing a window manager that
> > didn't try to use excesive amounts of memory would yield much better
> > results.

I'm running windowmaker, which is light and fast and still usable. One of the
best all purpose wm's around imho. I thought prelinking was more useful than
what you describe - I though gentoo was using prelinking allready, with gcc
3.1?

> Try Equinox you can find at http://ede.sourceforge.net is the fastest
> desktop that I have seen on Linux. I recommend you to try the 1.0 beta is
> very fast, and compiles in a short time.

And that is the closest-to-windows 95 wm I've seen so far :)

--
Frank Van Damme
homepage:       www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917684