How to install Java2TM RE, v. 1.3.1

Hi all

I am going to use Limewire in order to connect to the Gnutella net. As I read
on www.limewire.com you have to install the Java2TM Runtime Environment, v
1.3.1.

Then I found a lot of information that Debian does not support Java packages,
because of licence problems. Is it true? Further I found information about
Java on penguinppc.org and blackdown.org. Which one is better for installing
Java 1.3.1 via apt-get. It means how can I find the entries for my
sources.list (I found a lot for the i386 architecture)

I have installed Woody and KDE 2.2.2 and made the last apt-get upgrade on
Thursday last week.

Any comments would be appreciated, Roland

rowe_gnu@gmx.net