Re: Menu items

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:08:15AM -0400, Daniel D Jones <ddjones@riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 23:54, Kamil Kisiel wrote:
> > On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 03:44:19PM -0400, Daniel D Jones <ddjones@riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, this seems like a simple question but I can't find it addressed
> > > anywhere in the documentation.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to add a ment item to the KMenu besides using the
> > > cumbersome KMenuEditor?  I can drag a file from the file manager to
> > > kicker but I can't figure out any way to drag it to the menu.
> > >

> > You can create your own .desktop files with your favorite text editor
> > (KMenuEditor does this thru its GUI), just look at some existing entries
> > as an example. Also, most Debian packages create their own menu item,
> > thought it may be hard to find it at first. They are always located in
> > the "Debian" submenus.
>
> Uh, which "Debian" submenu would that be?  I have KDE running on testing
> on both my desktop system and my laptop, and I don't find a "Debian"
> submenu on either system.  Almost everything has been installed via
> apt-get, and most things do not have a menu item - only KDE specific
> items.

Each of the KDE menus, such as "Multimedia" etc should have a "Debian"
submenu. That is, assuming you have the "menu" package installed on your
Debian system. The "menu" package automatically updates menus for most
(all?) WM's & DE's in Debian when new X apps are installed.

--
Kamil Kisiel <kamil@kamilkisiel.net>
ICQ: 253495