Re: Fwd: How do I install KDE 3.0.1 Debs?

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 01:44:37AM +0200, Hendrik Naumann wrote:
> If you grep alpha-debs you should be able to deal with dpkg. There
> are plenty of force switches you may need to use.
> dpkg --force-help
> will shows you all of them.

The only thing force will help you do is fubar your system... Perhaps
you don't recall someone's test debs which removed /usr/sbin previously.
If install fails it will tell you why which then you can remove the
offending packages without needing force.  Also there is a text file
that explains how to install kde3 and what the current known bugs are
but I guess people are only propagating the url for the debs themselves.

Chris