More on kpager weirdness + logout issue

OK, I've done some more testing, and the pager starts out OK, but after
a number of changes to the system it freaks out. I'm not quite sure what
causes it, or if it happens every time.

The things I'm doing are:

starting kpager
configuring kpager:
    classical, no background, icon

Look-and-feel:
    Background:
        Wallpaper:
            No wallpaper
    Colors:
        Atlas green
    Panel:
        Position:
            Top
        Hiding:
            Enable automatic hide
            Delay 1 sec
    Shortcuts:
        Switch one desktop down: Alt+Ctrl+Down
        etc, etc
    Window Behaviour:
        Focus:
            Focus follows mouse
        Advanced:
            Active Desktop Borders:
                Only when moving windows

I also turn off the panel pager (which IMHO is a complete waste of
space).

Log out, log in, and hey presto it no longer works. I've yet to
determine if this is reproducable.

Speaking of lgging out: It seems that if kpager is running I have to
request logout twice. First time kpager dies, the second time the wm
actually shuts down.

The one overwhelming impression I get (given that kpager crashes on
startup in 2.2) is that it isn't the best piece of software in the
world.

Oh well, back to doing more testing.

Cheers
    Dave