Re: How do I show all debian KDE packages that I have installed?

In article <[🔎] E16xmze-00067n-00@espresso.ms.unimelb.edu.au> you wrote:

>> is there a feasible way to show all KDE packages that I have
>> installed?
>
> *grin*
>
> You could try removing kdelibs3 and see what gets taken along with it.
>
> Seriously, I would use the search criteria "installed and depends on
> kdelibs3" rather than grepping descriptions, though I have no idea how to do
> that.

Using grep-available from the grep-dctrl package, "grep-available
-FDepends kdelibs3 -nsPackage" does what you want here. This will only
work, I believe, if you're using dselect to keep your available file up
to date (i.e., either using dselect itself or doing "dselect update"
rather than "apt-get update" to get new Packages files).

Aq.

--
Now get up and take a rip off my magic bong so that we can show
you the meaning of Xmas!