NewsTicker Can Cause CPU Usage

I must express a heartfelt thanks to all of the list members who replied to
my call for help.

Following some testing on my system, it was discovered that the KDE
NewsTicker (which runs in the Panel) was to blame for hoarding CPU resources.

I have my main Panel running at the top of my screen and a child Panel at the
bottom.  On the child Panel is an instance of the applet "NewsTicker".  While
I was running NewsTicker, I noticed an increase in CPU usage (from GKrellm)
to about 100%.  I did not immediately connect the two events but when I
removed the ticker applet the CPU usage (again in GKrellm) dropped to about
1%.

If any KDE Developers peruse this list, please take note of this phenomena.
I believe this probles lies in the method the applet handles threads, but
that is only the opinion of a non-KDE developer.
--
Thank you for any comments or information!

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com