Re: First time KDE "Wizard" themes and background

> > Cool, but KDE 3 is not going to make it into Woody, is it? Pity. If the
> > past is any indication of the future, KDE 3 will be released about a
> > week or two before woody (which is of course too late), just so that I
> > will probably only run stable for a week until I miss unstable too much.
>
> KDE 3.0 is finished, I'd imagine it's being made available to packagers now.
> So it just needs packaging for Debian.

Ah, great stuff! Wishing that this might reach woody, thinking that the
chance is small, as it's a lot of packages that are brand new and
haven't had much testing in woody, hoping I'm thinking wrong.

> Yeah, I have this problem as well. My solutions was to just disable /tmp from
> being cleared on bootup. In  3.1, hopefully kbuildsycoca will keep its stuff
> in /var/tmp instead.
>
> I suppose you could 'mkdir /tmp/.ICE-unix && chown root.root /tmp/.ICE-unix'
> no problem.

Referring to KDE 3.1 - this means it's not in KDE3.0, and won't make it
into Woody therefore, even if KDE3 does, is an /etc/init.d/ script
considered ugly enough that we don't want some "quick fix" like that to
make Woody that 5 seconds nicer?

Later,
Hugo