Remember Password? Nope

This issue has existed for a long time, since before the KDE 2.x series.

When an application, such as kuser, is started that requires root access a
dialog pops up asking for the root password.  I have filed numerous bug
reports at bugs.kde.org with no results.

A checkbox exists in the dialog to permanently remember the password but it
seems to be unused as nothing ever changes.  Every time the application
(kuser) is started I am again asked for the root password.

I hope this changes in KDE 3.0 but I am not hopeful.
--
Comments and information are appreciated.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com