kmail gettings slower and big cpu usage on exit

Hi,

For some weeks I (again) notice kmail (woody + kde from sid)
working slower and slower.  Too slow after ~ 2 days.
Only thing that helps is to exit kmail
and start it again.   Further, even after empty trash, compacting
all folders and then exiting kmail, kmail runs in the background
for several minutes comsuming as much CPU time as it can get.

Any me-toos?   Anyone heavily using KDE 3s kmail already?
Is it fixed in KDE 3?

Thx,
Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com