X/KDE Font problem

Hi!
I did a fresh install of woody some days ago. All works fine, and I'm
surprised of the speed debians KDE has. I had a selfcompiled objprelinked KDE
2.2.1 before (Mandrake 8.0+) but KDE now nearly is 100% faster! Thanks for
your great job in packaging KDE!

But i wouldn't have posted, if there wasn't a small problem:
My problem is, that i cannot get TrueType Fonts working under KDE. I have
configured them under X (/etc/X11/XF86Config-4) and they work, xfontsel shows
them all. Also AA works great, but in KControls Font module, i can only
select between 3 different fonts. And KDE just looks ugly with this fonts.
(something like Times New Roman). Is there any kde/x package to install
fonts? Or what have I missed when configuring the fonts for x? (yes i called
mkttfdir for my Truetype font dir, and as said, X doesn't complain about
anything) its just that i cannot get them to list in the font dialog. I also
tried kfontinst (found no package, so compiled it by myself), but this tool
did not work for me neither.

Sorry my english, its just ... - not my first language. (but 'leo:' does a
great job sometimes ;-) )

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Daniel