Re: Kmail issue/problem

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 02:42:57PM -0800, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> I may simply be too confused to help, but . .   Are you *sure* yahoo is your
> smtp server?  I had used yahoo for a short time, but I had to use my normal
> ISP's smtp for outgoing mail.  I am still required to use cox's address even
> though users send me mail @arrl.net.
>
> If you are indeed using yahoo as an ISP, then I would double check the smtp
> settings and verify you are not attempting to *relay* through them
> erronously.  Also, do you need to pop mail first *then* send?
>
> Good luck to you.
>
> tatah and 73

I think your right that I was relaying through them.  I didn't care for
yahoo any more and so I got an account with linuxfreemail.com but when I
tried to send mail with them I got back a 550 error Relaying denied which oddly
enough doesn't surprize me since our dorms IPs don't reverse lookup which are
from cox but they don't give us a smtp outgoing mail server.  Which surprizes
these messages get through from my own machine. Maybe I'll setup imap or
something from this machine to may workstations.

Thanks,
Dan