Re: KDE status update

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:50:47PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 03:42:15AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I had a look, since it looks like it should be reproducible on any
> > architecture with gcc-3.0. I couldn't even get it to build on i386
> > though ...
> >
> > That's with kdepim 4:2.2.2-5, after 'apt-get build-dep kdepim' and
> > 'debian/rules build'. I'm reluctant to file a bug straight away, because
> > it does seem to have autobuilt on some architectures (mips, mipsel,
> > powerpc, s390).
>
> Let me guess, automake1.5? Could you please install 1.4 and tell me how
> you go?

Ah yes, that's it, thanks. Looks like 'apt-get build-dep' is
incorrigibly stupid and didn't spot that I already had a sufficient
version of automake installed, so it went for the broken alternative.

... and then I remember that debugging on i386 will be awkward because
the whole world isn't compiled with g++-3.0. Hm. I'm taking another tack
now.