Re: KDE 2.2.2 unable to view JPG, PNG

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Nick Boyce wrote:

> Hey - Chris G - Potato and KDE 2.2.2 ??????
>
> I thought that was supposed to be impossible, according to the
> accepted wisdom.  How can you do that ??   How's it going ?

Hmmm... no one told me it was impossible.  :-)

I downloaded and built the tarballs from source.  After hashing out some
difficulties with libraries, some of which I also built from source, I got
kdelibs and kdebase to build.  I've been slowly but surely plugging away
at the others, recompiling stuff when I find errors or learn more about
what I did right and wrong.  As the message I posted earlier explains,
I've still got a ways to go.

--
Chris Goodwin
archer@nc.rr.com