Compiling KDE 2.1 on Potato

Hi to all,

I recompiled the whole suite of KDE 2.1 on a Potato system, just
to add K6 optimizations (I must be crazy...) for a low-end machine.

I used the standard (so I think) commands:

    dpkg-source -x ...
	dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc

And installed them all with dpkg -i.

But now all that packages are marked to be upgraded, I must put them
on (H)old with dselect or apt-get will try to replace them with the
original debs any time I use it.  What am I missing off ?

Paolo

--
If Linux is not Unix then Windows are not Gates
                         Anonymous, XXI Century