Re: KDE3 alpha .debs around?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Rene Horn wrote:

> This is fine if you want to do this, but I am of the opinion that putting up
> KDE3 now is superfluous work since it is on the verge of its stable release.
> I think if we wait a little longer, we would benefit more since we will
> eventually have to compile that anyway and compiling takes a while.

You might have missed while reading the message below that I actually *do*
*need* KDE3. If Daniel can provide it I'd be *very* happy since it'd save
me a lot of work/keeping up to date/trying to compile etc. As allways
coordination is a good thing, which is happening here in the person of DS.
And as allways many eyes do help finding bugs, fixing them, testing etc.
which will make sure that as soon as KDE3 is out it will be in releasable
shape on Debian as well not to mention possibly valuable bugreports
forwarded upstream. Otherwise it'll take another month or something until
all issues are fixed and "why is Debian allways so late on providing
software X while Susi Dakehat has shipped is in their alpha-bug 2000
version allready...").

Todo claro?
*t

> On Tuesday 26 February 2002 12:29 am, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >
> > I have experimental .deb's which do not work. Everything segfaults on
> > load, I'm going to check this out, but it could be due to a botched
> > local qt3 install.

> > Give me 24 hours or so.
> >
> > > I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I ask silly questions :-p
> > >
> > > On a related note to Tomas' post, I noticed KDE3 (well, the splash
> > > screen at least :-) went into the unstable release a few weeks ago, but
> > > as of yet there has been no further updates. Is this normal practice, or
> > > does KDE take a little bit longer to settle in with Debian??
> >
> > KDE3 is not in unstable, and won't be for some time.

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11