Re: What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?

Thanks for your quick reply!  :)
I've got a couple questions:

--- Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:58:34PM -0800, tluxt2@yahoo.com wrote:
> > So: did you do the dinstall?
> > Is the fix now in the Sid package pool (and hence should have been
> available to
> > my system when I did apt-get update)?
>
> Not yet, it was uploaded but have to be manually added.

The manually adding is something you need to do,
not the persons upgrading their Sid systems, correct?

> > If so - any idea why my Sid is still having this problem?
>
> see above
>
> > If not - when (in # of days) do you think Sid systems will be able to
> install
> > metapackage "kde"?
>
> metapackage will be the last thing I fix since it depends on every other
> package.

OK.  So, approximately when (# days) do you think that might be done?

> I will hopefully upload a new kdebase tomorrow (about 12hrs from now).
> They have new packages in them so have to be manually overridden before
> they can go in.  As I found out today it will cause some ugly breakage
> so put kdelibs/kdebase on hold when they appear

Are you saying that _you_ will put those on hold,
or that persons doing an upgrade on their Sid systems should put those packages
on hold?

I suspect you mean the former.  But, if you mean the latter, how does one do
that?

> until I finish uploading
> the rest of kde. I wish versioned provides worked. :<

Thanks!