Re: Konqueror, HTML forms, wrapping and font handling

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:20:51PM -0800, Kamil Kisiel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:39:22AM +0100, Jens Benecke <jens@jensbenecke.de> wrote:
> > Yes. Any one including a textarea widget with "wrap=virtual". The text
> > gets wrapped at about twice the actual width of the widget, and this
> > makes re-reading the text very painful.
> >
> > It hasn't always been like this in KDE2, I suspect it got introduced
> > somewhere in the 2.1 stage.
> >
> > For example, www.linuxfaq.de, try creating a new entry there.
>
> I have also experienced this problem for a while, I am quite sure it got
> introduced with KDE 2.2 as I never experienced this problem in KDE 2.1.
> Another thing that has been annoying me in the latest versions is that
> if there is ever a textarea with animated .gif's on the same page, text
> input is *extremely* laggy, sometimes it takes up to a second for a
> character I type to be displayed on the screen, and sometimes some
> characters seem to just get lost along the way somewhere. I think this
> problem was introduced some time in the 2.2.2 packages. I am using TT
> fonts with AA, if anyone has a possible fix, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

AFAIK the bug actually lies with Qt, was introduced there, and will be
fixed there in Qt3.

The animated .gif thing is a pain in the arse, and I always get bitten
on DebianPlanet, but what can I say? Don't use animated .gif's.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<seeS> why did lamont do a postfix for potato?