Re: What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?

Hi ben,

I read your message with some interest.  In order to help me give you a
response on par with your interest, will you please provide me some
clarification about some things that are ambiguous to me about your message?
TIA.

1st:  One ambiguity in your message is whether your message is (please excuse
my loose use of definitions here) intended rhetorically (Ie, you just wanted to
communicate your thoughts to me, and you didn't actually want any answers to
some or all of the questions you posed), or if you actually wanted answers to
all the questions.  Which is the case?

If you do indeed want these answers, then I have this 2nd question:
2nd:  As you know, speaker attitude/tone/emotion can carry a large part of a
message, but none of those things come unambiguously through a text channel
without being explicitly stated.  Now, I could guess at the a/t/e in different
parts of your message.  But, my guess could be wrong.  So, if you're interested
in an accurate response, will you please tell me the a/t/e for each of the
sections below?  (You'll see I have divided your message into related
sections.)

Just put the words of the a/t/e for each section in the handy little square
brackets I've provided.  :)  (Or perhaps the a/t/e is the same for the entire
message, in which case you only need to put this info in once, at the
beginning.)

As an example of what I mean, my a/t/e for the above comments to you is:
[serious, curious, considerate, helpful].

There are a long list of possible a/t/e descriptions.  Ex:
happy, sad, angry, honest, amused, disappointed, tired, sarcastic, incredulous,
scorn, ...

Be as accurate & detailed as you wish.

Thanks.  :)

PS: I am very busy currently, but I will make an effort to respond to you
within a week of your reply, at most, and perhaps within a few days.

--- ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:

Part I:	[]
> On Monday 18 February 2002 12:43 am, tluxt2@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Ok
> > ccheney is MIA for > 1 week with no advance notice of planned absence
>
> it's great that you've taken such an interest in helping the maintainers

Part II:  []
> but you seem to have developed an attitude of scorn that really seems
> unjustified.

Part III:  []
> everyone accepts that all of the maintainers involved with any
> part of debian actually have other imperatives going on in their lives, and
> that if and when those imperatives take precedence over the tasks of the
> distribution for which they've taken on responsibility, such absences that
> occur do not in any way mitigate the debts of gratitude and respect that the
> rest of us owe them.

Part IV:  []
> what gives you the right to suggest that chris cheney or
> anyone else is required to provide you with prior notice of any absence?

Part V:  []