Re: What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:28:40AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I'm willing to do an NMU if there really is a dpendency problem (and Chris
> doesn't object) but is there really a problem?
>
> I have libglib1.3-12 installed and I was also able to install the kde
> package without any dependency problems.  Are you sure it is not just
> because your apt mirror is not up to date or something?

Yes, but repetative demands aside, tluxt does have a point - libkmid
*does* depend on libglib1.3-12, which is not available anymore.

Last week, when I had to rebuild my machine from bare metal, I tried
what tluxt did, and found exactly the same problem. libglib1.3-13
doesn't (for whatever reason) satisfy the dependency (although it does
say >= 1.3-12 ). At that time, I went trolling through the assorted
mirrors and snagged a copy of the libglib1.3-12 deb and installed it. I
didn't keep it around accidentally, since I'd pulled it into my temp
directory, which I've setup to autoclean.

I wasn't particularly worried, since I figured it would be fixed in a
day or a few. I *still* figure that. After all, if I choose to track
things besides stable, then what I get is subject to change on no
notice, neh?

Notice to Tluxt: Take advantage of this opportunity to check out one of
the other window managers for a while. I've been mucking about with
fluxbox recently...

Thanks for all the hard work, everyone.

.b

--
Brian Bilbrey             "The ships hung in the sky in
bilbrey@orbdesigns.com     much the same way that bricks don't."