CUPS w/mgetty

Hey Folks,

        I'm using Eddie Carpenters Mgetty Fax package for Windon't. It writes
a section into the /etc/printcap file for samba to share mgetty (fax only)
along a network.
        Problems arose when we went on with CUPS. IT uses /etc/printcap.cups
and we also have /etc/samba/smb.conf looking at /etc/printcap.cups. Therefore
the fax monitor is non-functional. It is NOT being read by samba, samba isn't
sharing it, I'm w/o fax on the network.

        Can I have smb.conf look at both files?
        Can I have a section in the /etc/printcap for cups also?
        Can I put 'old style' printcap into into printcap.cups and have CUPS
work?
        etc

        Any one of these in a working mode would allow me to again have my
fax on network back. So you get the idea. I either need to allow samba to
read both files, or get the stanza for the fax monitor into the
/etc/printcap.cups files (and read of course)

from /etc/printcap
==============

fax:\
:sd=/var/spool/fax:\
:mx#0:\
:lp=/dev/null:\
:if=/usr/bin/faxlpr:\
:sh

        I tried the ADD SPECIAL PRINTER in kcontrol -> System -> Printing
Manager, but when I tell it to use the command '/usr/bin/faxlpr', it comes
back with an error message; "The command doesn't contain the "%in' tag."
Which I'm thinking (likely incorrectly) that it would be something along the
lines of '/usr/bin/faxlpr %s' but that's not werking either.

        Ideas?
- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                            Toll Free (866) 562-7160
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus
Torvalds

"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."

gawk; talk; nice; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp;
lyx; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; make mrproper;
sleep.....
     -- Just another *nix date --