Re: [kde3] Appeal for help - powerful box needed

I'd help, but I'm behind a firewall :-(

I can tell you that my PIII600+IDE (reiserfs) took 8 hours to compile
qt3, kdelibs, and kdebase!

it starts, but the background keeps flickering in grey, and everytime I
select 'configure background', it SEGV's the control centre.. :-)  In
other words, it's unuseable!

I've got it compiled in /opt/kde3, but I've got qt2.4 and kde2.2 all over
/usr (ala debian packages), but I've set QTDIR, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and PATH
to override this.

Anyone else had this first time experience?

--
Giles Constant, Systems Programmer
Hyperlink Interactive