Re: printing from konq.

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 16:27, Jens Benecke wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 10:56:49AM -0500, Marc Britten wrote:
>
> > I opened up an html page and told it to print, after hitting ok in the
> > dialog the fonts being used on the page changed, the page printed, and
> > the fonts changed back.
>
> That's normal. The fonts and sizes are scaled to fit the width of your
> paper, and the resolution of your printer, and whatnot.

hrm, using lpr (from cups-bsd i believe) and galeon the webpage prints
out much better looking using appropriate fonts, it appears that the
font size isn't changed however the font is, looks like clean-bold or
something (no serifs, blocky, maybe mono spaced)

> > It was all visible and confused me.  I'm printing through CUPS however I
> > don't think the printing engine has anything to do with this.
>
> No, actually KDE's printing management does. :)

so, kde-print or whatever its called told konq to change fonts then
print? like i said the page in konq. visibly changed fonts before the
print job as sent.

anyway that it happens it seems less than ideal as other programs seem
to figure out how to print the same page.

I'm a big fan of KDE, but for now I'll have to print from another app
unless its just a font setup issue.

--
yugami@monochromatic.net
GPG key can be found at http://www.monochromatic.net/yugami.gpg