Re: portable mirror?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 11:45:34AM -0800, JC Portlock wrote:

> With Woody changing as rapidly as it is, the update/upgrades are killing
> me.  I'm looking for the best program to allow me to take a laptop to
> where I can get some bandwidth, download what I need for my home system
> onto the laptop, and then update/upgrade from the laptop to the desktop.
> (My home system  is dialup only).

apt-zip was designed for exactly this. (think "ZIP disk" 100MB)

Instead of downloading, apt-zip creates a BASH script that you can take
wherever you want, which then downloads the needed files (wget needed on
target machine), and another BASH script which installs the stuff.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke  /// www.hitchhikers.de, www.linuxfaq.de, www.linux.ms
This mail is an attachment? Read http://www.jensbenecke.de/misc/outlook.html

V: Epson Stylus Color 600, 1440dpi, inkl. 4F+4SW-Patronen
V: MP3-Discman, spielt MP3-CDs und CDA, Neupreis EUR200.-
V: 8/40x TEAC SCSI CD-Writer, kann Überlänge, NP EUR250.-