Re: meta-bookmarking?

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 05:01:30PM -0500, John Magrini wrote:
> perhaps make your own html document with all the links you want, and set it
> as your homepage in all three browers, this maybee the easiest way to do it.
>
> On Monday 04 February 2002 08:51 am, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 02:46:47PM -0500, James Lindenschmidt wrote:
> > > These days, my browsing time is about equally spent in Konqueror and
> > > Galeon, with the occasional Mozilla and Netscape 4.x session for various
> > > reasons.  Each of them has a differing bookmark system. I was wondering
> > > if there is a way to have all 4 browsers point to the same bookmark file,
> > > so that if I add a bookmark in one browser, it will show up in all
> > > browsers?

    This is what I do.  Putting such a page on a public webserver
means your bookmarks are available to you from *any* web browser (and
makes for a truly useful links page for others too).

    I write my bookmarks page in BML (http://bradfitz.com/bml/) which
can serve as a sort of macro language for HTML.  It makes creating a
new bookmark very easy.

    I'm not trying to promote one of my favorite languages in a forum
of a completely different topic, no....

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"Bull in pure form is rare; there is usually some contamination by data."
    -- William Graves Perry Jr.