debianising muse: help needed (avoiding qtconfig...)

Hello list,

the original "maintainer" of muse encouraged me to
adopt this package from him. Since I really want to
do again something for debian as a developer I want
to give it a try. But I am not a programmer and do not
know the internals of building a qt-app (yet). Since the
package in question does not use ./configure I need
some help in setting up the right command in the rules
file:

The compiling instructions for muse
 (muse.seh.de/compile.html)
tell me to edit make.inc and use qtconfig to add the
source-dir to libpath, so uic finds the files. How do I tell
MAKE to use the right path for compiling the widget plugins
without running qtconfig (I cannot run qtconfig in a rules file)?

Thanks,

Olaf

--
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny!" Frank Zappa