Re: Interpreting FHS

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:45:40PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2002 07:22, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > Now is a good time to follow wisdom of KDE hackers and install it in
> > > /opt/kde3 as we should. So that we don't have all of KDE cluttering the
> > > whole filesystem namespace (such as /usr/share/<x>)
> >
> > I don't want my frigging /opt namespace cluttered. I don't have anything
> > there, but if we jump, EVERYONE will follow. We are not jumping.
>
> So be it. Then, review my suggestion for KDE3 that makes more sense for those
> who wouldn't like /opt.

In a word: shit. /usr/lib/kde3 is /opt under a different name. I don't
want my $PATH cluttered, either. Nor do I want /usr/bin cluttered with
symlinks, because that clutters up our namespace, eh? Back to square
one!

Leave it as is.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<luca> aaronl, i have this site you should see...