Re: KDE filesystem structure

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:02:31PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 20:20, Jens Benecke wrote:
> > The only argument from Debian people I've heard so far is that it is
> > 'evil'.  KDE is no longer 'too small for an extra directory', the
> > packages eat much
> I don't believe a debian maintainer would say something that idiotic.

No, Debian developers said it was "evil". Other people (repeatedly, there
were flame wars about that) talked about size. Size does matter, after all.
:)

> > much more space than e.g. /usr/games or even /usr/X11.
> Yes. But using subdirs is required when there are too many files rather
> than the total size of files exceeding a threshold.

Yes, and as soon as you define what "too many" is, those are identical.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke
http://www.jensbenecke.de/ - Persönliches

Politics is like a septic tank - all the big shits float to the top.