Re: Current state of KDE now? (no big deal)

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:31:34AM -0500, Chris wrote:
> All I did was install libpng2, libpng3, libpng-dev and then
> manually delete libpng.so.3 and replace it with a symlink
> to libpng.so.2.  Not ideal, but everything works for now.
> Once the mess is resolved, just reinstall libpng3 package
> and you'll be all set.

THIS IS AN UGLY HACK.

I repeat.

THIS IS A DIRTY, UGLY, HACK.

Please don't do this. I think the consequences of convincing your system
that libpng3 is really libpng2 is obvious - subtle breakge. If you have
done this, then I will ignore any and every bug report from you, because
it's likely to have been triggered by this hack. Until, of course, you
restore it.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
"Thus, despite the Gates bravado, Windows NT on any platform cannot