Current state of KDE now?

I've been patiently waiting to update since the entire libpng fiasco started.
Based on the latest messages, I am guessing that the core KDE packages are
updated, but, among other things, KOffice is waiting until Ben can get to a
better connection, or some else does the updates for him. A simulation of
apt-get dist-upgrade tells me, among other things, that the current version
of KDE packages to be installed are:

progeny:~# apt-get -s dist-upgrade|grep kde
  kde-devel kdebase-dev
  balsa debian-policy kdebase-audiolibs lynx-ssl noatun-plugins vim
Remv kde-devel (4:2.2.18 Debian:unstable)
Remv kdebase-dev (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable)
Inst kdewallpapers (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable) []
Inst kdebase (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable) []
Inst kdebase-libs (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable)
Inst kdebase-doc (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable)
Inst libkdenetwork1 (4:2.2.2-13 Debian:unstable)

And KOffice is at version:
Conf kontour (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf koshell (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf kpresenter (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf kspread (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf kugar (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf kword (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)
Conf koffice (1:1.1.1-3 Debian:unstable)

I'm a bit nervious about the removal of kde-devel and kdebase-dev since,
although I am not enough of a programmer to play with the kde packages, I do
use kdevelop for a small project and do hope one day to actually program a
kde application.

So, my question is, should I upgrade now, or give it some more time for the
rest to get fixed? At the moment I'm only missing icons on kmail, but it is
still useable. Most of my kde is working fine, but I have not upgraded in
quite a while now due to the libpng problem. Allready it's looking to
download 128M of packages, and with pay-per-minute access, that is not a
cheap option.

Other than that, everyone is doing a great job recovering from the libpng
fiasco. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

	John Gay