Re: [kde] anti-aliasing is *NOT* supported!

* Jarno Elonen schrieb am 08.01.02 um 22:00 Uhr:
> > > XftConfig:
> > >
> > >   # Many true type fonts are optimized for point size 9-12
> > >   # and look clearer without AA in those sizes:
> > >   match any family == "*" edit antialias = true;
> > >   match all size > 8 all size < 13 edit antialias = false;
> >
> > I have the Problem here, that those "> 8 all size < 13" fonts are
> > very ugly then (if AA is enabled). They are not AA and ugly. With AA
> > disabled they look nice then...
>
> A bit confused now.. If they look nice with AA disabled in those sizes, the
> snippet above should do just the right trick..? It enables AA for
> fonts smaller or equal to 8 points and bigger or equal to 13. Sizes 9, 10,
> 11, 12 and 13 (ie. the most common sizes) are always non-antialiased in every
> application.

Yes, I know. That was the strange thing that those fonts were ugly
although AA was disabled for them. These 9-12 Size fonts looked
different with or without AA. When I enabled AA for them by
disabling the specific configline they were AA enabled and you know
what that looks like...

-Marc
| --> http://www.links2linux.de <-- Jetzt mit neuen Features!      |
|                                   wie z.B. [EasyLink]            |
+---Registered-Linux-User-#136487------------http://counter.li.org +