Re: mail notifier success? (korn/kbiff)

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 07:50:01PM -0500, Jason Boxman wrote:
> I believe you can.  That's a cool idea, but of course a typical user, like
> myself, shouldn't need to understand any such under pinnings to achieve
> something as obvious as a tray icon visually cuing that mail exists.

How's about (kmail running...)

Settings --> Configure KMail,

select the Miscellaneous options from the icon bar, and use one or more
of the New Mail Notification options, which are : Beep on new mail,
Display message box on new mail and/or Execute command line on new mail.

regards,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey             "The ships hung in the sky in
bilbrey@orbdesigns.com     much the same way that bricks don't."