euro symbol

Ciao :)

I've configured my linuxbox (debian woody -half november- kde 2.2.1) to use the euro symbol under console and under X ... but only some program show me the euro symbol . Besides in, for example, kspread I can see the euro (thanks to Kontrolcenter and iso8859-15 fonts) but I'm not able to digit it ... I tried every keyboard map ... ... it seems as some apps can not handle very well the euro symbol ... or maybe I'm able to handle it ...

   is there some howto for kde or some particular infos ?

  bye :)

Miki :)