Re: libqt2 libpng2 resolution

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:56:48AM +0000, John Gay wrote:
> So, if I understand you correctly, you are going to revert qt back to the
> old libpng2 rather than keep it at the new one, which Daniel is planning to
> re-compile the rest of kde to?

Yes, I am sponsoring Daniel so I will be compiling kde after I finish with
libqt2.

> This is just a temperary measure to fix the current majorly broken state of
> KDE for the moment, right?

Temporary as in libqt3 will be using libpng3, yes.  I see little point in
using libpng3 with libqt2 especially since it might break upgrades from
potato.

>  Are you and Daniel planning to re-compile everything against the new
> libpng and upload it in one go afterwards to reduce the headaches for those
> of us tracking unstable and testing together?

No. It will be reverted to libpng2.

> At the moment, I've only got problems with kmail missing icons. konq has
> its icon, unless I start it from the command line and I'm missing the KDE
> splash screen when I log in. I have not checked the likes of kdevelop,
> quata's+ or most of the rest of kde, because I haven't had much time and
> ignorance is bliss : ).

> I haven't done an update in a while, but I'm running testing with kde from
> unstable, as that was more stable than testing. I'm just waiting until this
> blows over and I can upgrade to a properly working kde. I've heard mixed
> reports of some fixes but other breakages so I'm sitting on my hands to
> keep from upgrading. Once I hear that the unstable kde is in good working
> order again, I'll upgrade.

Hopefully unstable kde will be working good within 10 days (time for buildds
to catch up).

> Thanks for picking up the pieces after Ivan had to drop kde. Several of us
> were afraid we would have to wait through another version of Debian before
> seeing kde in a stable branch.

I am going to do my best to make sure KDE stays in Woody, I use it myself
every day.