Re: Work-needing packages report for Jan 4, 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:26, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> I'd just like to say that the reason for my doing this has little to do
> with any dd's or the arguments that went on on the debian-devel mailing
> list. While that did have some part in my decision I did not let that make
> my decision as that would just be a stupid thing to do (IMO).  Things like
> that are part of the job which is being a Debian Developer.  I however just
> don't have the time to do my job properly anymore.  This has been a growing
> trend for some time as those of you who have been following since the
> beginning. Originally...crap almost 3 years ago...I was maintaining over
> 100 KDE specific packages + QT on the side.  And that was for multiple

It should be noted here that KDE packages are more difficult to maintain than
your average Debian package.  KDE has huge amounts of dependencies, is
complex enough that it's simply impossible to test any fraction of the
functionality before a release, and takes hours to compile.

You did a better job at this than I did...

> So with all of that said after my blood pressure went through the roof the
> other day I decided it was time that I just walk away.  I'm not sure if
> I'll volunteer for Debian as a Developer again.  I'll probably still help

There's always lots of small stuff you could do...