Re: libqt2 - 18 Works

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 00:55, John Gay wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 January 2002 00:26, Robert Tilley wrote:
> > I recently had problems with lost icons and downgraded to libqt 2.3.1-17
> > from 2.3.1-18 which seemed to solve the problem.
> >
> > In a recent system update, libqt was again upgraded to -18 and icon
> > problem recurred.  Later that night 12-31-01, around 1900 hours I did
> > another system update (apt-get update, -f install, dist-upgrade).
> >
> > libqt was still 2.3.1-18 but the icon problem had vanished.  I did log
> > out, restart my X-server, and log in.  Regardless, the problem is gone
> > from my system.
> >
> > Thanks to all the hard-working KDE developers and Debian packagers!
>
> Is this confirmation that the icon problem is fixed, or just one lucky
> person?

It is NOT fixed.. The problem lies in the dependancies.. The newest libqt
conflicts with older kde-packages. And the new KDE-packages depends on libqt
2.3 -18.. I have stayed away from the new libqt, but when upgrading to the
most recent kmail yesterday I lost all icons in kmail.

Since Ivan isnt saying much, can't someone PLEASE make a non maintener update
to fix the dependencies?

regards
Allan