Re: Kwork/Koffice

Bud Rogers wrote:

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 19:04 pm, Daniel Robert Franklin wrote:

I find all the current Office-type offerings grossly inadequate compared to
LaTeX, but I'm guessing that this would not be a viable option for you :)

I don't have enough experience with Abiword or Kword to have an opinion, but I thought about suggesting Lyx or Klyx. I have used both to produce research papers for grad school. Last semester I had to resort to Star Office because the professor required submissions in doc format. SO was adequate for the job, but it took a lot more work to produce an acceptable paper and it still didn't look as good as anything I did in either of the Lyxes.

But, as you say, that's not what the OP asked for...

I'll ask you the same thing I asked of LaTeX.
Any suggestions on "tutorial" sites to introduce me to this further?

I'm very, very unfamiliar with what these are and would like a little help getting started. I am under the impression that these are a bit more powerful than 'notepad.exe'...

Or is this just a matter of "fear of the unknown"?