Eureka -- This Means Something!

tillarium:/home/tilleyrw# kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
DCOPServer up and running.
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
File = /usr/share/apps/kconf_update/kioslave.upd
Skipping 'kde2.2/r1'
Skipping 'kde2.2/r2'
Skipping 'kde2.2/r3'
File = /usr/share/apps/kconf_update/kcookiescfg.upd
Skipping 'kde2.2/b1'
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
tillarium:/home/tilleyrw# kio (KProtocolInfo): ERROR: Protocol '' not found

tillarium:/home/tilleyrw# kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

The above is the result from a recent suggestion to discover the cause of
konq not konq'ing when menu driven.  If anyone can tell me what this all
means, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Before the "kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed" I had clicked the close
box on the newly opened window.
--
Comments and information are appreciated.
Flames, rants, and other miscellany are routed to /dev/null.

Robert Tilley, tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com