Re: Finally get to see what KDE2.2 looks like?

On Sunday 21 October 2001 07:18 am, John Gay wrote:

> My main reason for the upgrade, besides the death of Progeny, is to see
> KDE2.2. Since this is not in woody yet, I'm not sure if I'm going to chance
> installing the Sid packages or just wait for it to hit testing.

FWIW, I tracked unstable for a couple of months to get a look at KDE 2.2.  I
had very few surprises, and none of them show-stoppers.  Unstable was a lot
more stable than some people make it sound and Ivan's packages, with a few
notable exceptions, just worked.  YMMV of course.

I have since changed apt preferences to track woody without downgrading what
I have from unstable.  I figure by the time woody goes stable it will mostly
have caught up with where I am.   I'm quite happy with what I have here.  KDE
2.2 rocks.  Thanks to the KDE folk who make it possible, and thanks to Ivan
for making debs that are as solid as the rest of debian.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>
They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.